The Mining and Lands Tribunal (MLT) determines appeals, applications, referrals and conducts inquires on disputes involving the following acts:
- The MLT issues reasoned decisions to determine claims and settle disputes under the Mining Act.
- The MLT can also hear appeals of decisions made by Provincial Mining Recorders and the Director of Mine Rehabilitation and applications for vesting orders (which give ownership, control or title to a property) in the event of the death or non-payment of taxes of a recorded title holder.
- Reasoned decisions are formalized by an Order of the MLT. All the signed, original orders are kept in the office and provide the final record.
- You can also submit an application to appeal a decision made by a Provincial Mining Recorder.
- The MLT issues reasoned decisions regarding appeals of decisions made by conservation authorities. These appeals involve property owners who want to develop lands in floodplains, hazardous lands, dynamic beaches and wetlands.
- The MLT issues reasoned decisions regarding applications for pooling and unitization and the Minister of Natural Resources and Forestry’s refusal of consent to transfer a well licence.
- The Aggregate Resources Act (ARA) provides for the management of aggregate resources through the regulation of aggregate operations in the province.
- The MLT issues reasoned recommendations to the Minister of Natural Resources and Forestry regarding the construction, repair, improvement or demolition of dams.
- The MLT issues reasoned decisions regarding appeals involving the Managed Forest Tax Incentive Program and the Conservation Land Tax Incentive Program.