New Associate Chair Appointed to the Board of Negotiation and Mining and Lands TribunalFebruary 27, 2019 | Environment & Land Tribunals Ontario
Tribunals Ontario is pleased to announce the appointment of Stephen Jovanovic as the Associate Chair of the Board of Negotiation and the Mining and Lands Tribunal for a one-year period, effective February 25, 2019.
As an experienced litigation lawyer and adjudicator, Mr. Jovanovic brings a wealth of expertise and experience to this new role. He has had an extensive career in the private and public sectors, including serving as the Associate Chair of the Ontario Civilian Police Commission since 2015.
“I know Stephen Jovanovic will bring his expert knowledge of the law and the adjudicative process to this role and provide excellent leadership to these two Boards.”
– Linda Lamoureux, Executive Chair, Tribunals Ontario
“I look forward to this new role and the opportunity to continue to ensure good governance and upholding the highest standards of integrity and fairness of the adjudicative process.”
– Stephen Jovanovic, Associate Chair, Board of Negotiation and Mining and Lands Tribunal
- The Board of Negotiation (BON) conducts voluntary mediation of disputes over the value of land expropriated by a public authority
- The Mining and Lands Tribunal (MLT) is an adjudicative tribunal responsible for hearing and deciding matters under legislation administered by the Ministry of Energy, Northern Development and Mines and the Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry.
- Tribunals Ontario is responsible for 19 tribunals that fall under the Ministry of the Attorney General. Tribunals conduct hearings, make decisions and resolve disputes on a wide variety of issues and operate independently of government.
For more information, media may contact:
Senior Manager, Communications