Proposed Amendments to the ARB Rules of Practice and Procedure Now Open for CommentsJanuary 4, 2017 | News
The ARB has proposed amendments to the Rules of Practice and Procedure. These amendments will prepare the ARB for the new four-year assessment cycle (2017-2020) and ensure that the ARB maintains a fair, modern and efficient adjudicative tribunal system.
Current proposed amendments to the Rules of Practice and Procedure include, but are not limited to:
- schedule of events – parties expected to comply with a standardized schedule of events
- changes to rules on adjournments
- changes to rules on disclosure
- amendment to documents
- amendment to rules on Motions
- Request for Review process
- electronic hearing formats
- new practices — settlement conference and appeals management
For further information, please visit our FAQs (PDF).
To view the Notice to Profession that was issued to stakeholders, click here (PDF).
The public is welcome to review the proposed changes and email the feedback to email@example.com. Feedback received between January 4, 2017 and January 27, 2017 will be considered.