City of Toronto Act Appeals
The forms on this page are for filing City of Toronto Act appeals only. For property assessment appeals see Filing an Appeal.
Steps for filing a City of Toronto Act appeal:
- Contact the City of Toronto. Generally, tax applications are made to the City first.
- Wait for a decision from the City on your tax application (in certain sections of the legislation you can also appeal to the Board if the Municipal Council has not made a decision on your application within a specific amount of time.)
- If you disagree with the decision made by the Municipal Council about your application, you can appeal that decision to the Assessment Review Board (ARB). * Also note, in some cases the City will pass a bylaw directing applications to be filed directly with the ARB. Please check with the City before filing with the ARB.
- Use the forms below to file your appeal or application. Choose the correct form as it provides specific information about filing fees and deadlines.
- For the legislation regulating these appeals, refer to the City of Toronto Act, 2006.
- For information on how to file an application to cancel or reduce your taxes because of extreme poverty or illness contact the City of Toronto.
You cannot use E File to file a City of Toronto Act appeal.
City of Toronto Act Appeals, Applications and Complaints
Dispute Comparable Properties
Vacant Unit Rebate
Cancel, Reduce, Refund Municipal Property Taxes
- Cancel, Reduce, Refund – Application/Appeal Form (Word)
- Cancel, Reduce, Refund – Application/Appeal Form (PDF)
- Information Sheet on City of Toronto Act Appeals (Word)
- Information Sheet on City of Toronto Act Appeals (PDF)
- Information Sheet on Poverty Appeals (Word)
- Information Sheet on Poverty Appeals (PDF)
- Municipal Act Appeal Fee Chart
For Municipality/Treasurer ONLY.
Do not use this form unless you are with the city.
- City of Toronto Act Application – By Treasurer (Word Version)
- City of Toronto Act Application – By Treasurer (PDF Version)
For more information about City of Toronto Act appeals, contact the City regarding the tax account and the application process.